- development of open source, general purpose, multiphysics, object-oriented finite element code OOFEM.
- dynamic load balancing on heterogeneous parallel architectures
- principal investigator of research projects supported by Czech Science Foundation GACR:
- Multi-scale casting simulations of fresh concrete, project no.: 13-23584S, 2013-2015.
- MuPIF - a Multi-Physic Integration Framework, project no.:P105/10/1402, 2010-2012.
- Algorithms for Representation of Moving Boundaries, project no.:103/06/1845, 2006-2008.
- EU funded projects:
- research team member of the MSM 6840770003 project:
"Algorithms for Computer Simulation and Application in Engineering" (Ministry of Education of the Czech Republic).
- research team member of the TailorCrete EU project (www.tailorcrete.com).
Other fields of interest:
- Numerical methods in mechanics, particularly adaptive techniques and constitutive modeling of quasibrittle materials.
- High performance computing and software development - object oriented and parallel programming.
Graduate and undergraduate research opportunities:
I am always looking for capable and highly motivated students
(undergraduate and graduate) with backgrounds and interests in math,
engineering, finite element method, and computer science to join my research
program. Please contact me to discuss current opportunities.
Check the link to OOFEM gallery illustrating some of my results.