IAV: Industrial Applications and Validation of Fracture Models
Minisymposium organized by
This minisymposium is dedicated to showing recent advances in fracture and failure of materials applied to solve industrial and engineering problems. One of the main purposes is to exchange experiences between industry and academia in this field. It will serve as a forum for showing the solution of real problems with such a solution based on the application of fracture and damage models.
The topical points of interest are:
- Damage tolerance problems.
- Structural integrity approach modelling.
- Damage approach to industrial problems.
- Civil engineering problems regarding fracture and cracking processes.
- Damage of composite materials in structural elements coming from aeronautic, sport or automotive industry.
- Fracture problems of steel structural elements.
- Other industrial issues concerning fracture and damage.
The minisymposium is planned as a transversal session focussed on industrial problems with fracture and damage approach solution.