Concert in Bethlehem Chapel, Wednesday, 5 June, 19:30-20:30
After the first day of the conference, we will enjoy classical music in the Bethlehem Chapel (founded 1391, rebuilt 1950-1952), the birthplace of the Reformation in the Czech Kingdom. Josef Spacek (violin), Yukiko Srejmova Kinjo (soprano) and Alexander Link (viola) will be accompanied by the Bohemia Chamber Orchestra. The concert starts at 7:30pm, so please make sure that you arrive on time to get comfortably seated.Program:
- Franz Xaver Richter (1709-1789): Symphony in G Major
- Franz Schubert (1797-1828): Rondo in A Major for violin and strings
- Antonín Dvořák (1841-1904): Serenade in E Major, Op. 22
- Scherzo - Vivace
- Finale - Allegro vivace
- Johan Halvorsen (1864-1935): Passacaglia - duo for violin and viola
- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791): Alleluia
- Tommaso Giordanni (1730-1806): Caro mio ben
- Antonín Dvořák (1841-1904): Excerpt from Rusalka
- Josef Spacek is a young Czech violinist, fast emerging as one of the most talented virtuosos of his generation. He studied at the Curtis Institute of Music and at the Juilliard School, and is a laureate of the International Queen Elisabeth Competition in Brussels (2012). He is the concert master of the Czech Philharmonic Orchestra and, as a soloist, he makes guest appearances with orchestras in Europe, the US and Asia.
- Yukiko Srejmova Kinjo studied at the Ryukyu University in Japan, the Milan Music Academy and the Parma Conservatory in Italy. From October 2005 she has lived in Prague, and since November 2012 she has been a soloist at the Czech National Opera.
- Alexander Link is an outstanding young violist who studied at the Conservatorio Joaquin Rodrigo in Valencia, Spain, at the Steans Institute for Young Artists in Highland Park, Illinois, an at the Juilliard School. Currently he is studying at the Curtis Institute of Music. Alexander Link won numerous prizes and awards and served as principal viola with both the Atlanta Symphony Youth Orchestra and the Chicago Youth Symphony Orchestra. He also holds an undergraduate degree in mathematics.