Welcome to our wiki! This site is maintained by the Department of Mechanics, Faculty of Civil Engineering, Czech Technical University in Prague.
All coworkers and students of the department are invited to share information on various activities and resources related to mechanics (teaching, research, applications, consulting, etc.).
The information is arranged according to the following list:
- Conferences - international and national conferences, symposia and workshops
- Courses - intensive courses, typically for graduate students
- Vacancies - open positions in mechanics (e.g. postdocs, researchers, assistant professors)
- Projects - calls for proposals, list of funding agencies
- Seminar - program of the solid mechanics seminar organized by the department
- Meetings - thematic internal meetings focused on research problems solved at the department, organized on an ad-hoc basis
- Defences - BSc, MSc and PhD theses, habilitations
- Alumni - our former colleagues (students or coworkers of the department)
- Media outputs of the department
- Literature - recommendations of useful books and papers
- Software - recommendations of handy software tools
- Life - social life of the department, various events and activities
A special section (in Czech), referred to as the Student's Corner, is intended for undergraduate students (see also the menu on the left).
Electronic teaching aids are collected in our Virtual Laboratory of Mechanics.
An overview of approaching events can be found in the section entitled Current events (see also the menu on the left).
If you have any comments or suggestions, please switch to the Discussion tab (see the top menu with tabs Page / Discussion).
Under construction: Creep of concrete
Important news and announcements
- The Academician Bazant Contest 2023 is announced to April 19, 2023 at 9h in B366.
- Results of Vít Šmilauer presented in the news of Czech Television by the author himself
- Milan Jirásek has been distinguished as one of Top 1% Reviewers in Engineering by Clarivate Publons
- Erasmus+ course on Advanced Master in Structural Analysis of Monuments and Historical Constructions, coordinated at CTU by Petr Kabele, received 2017 European Union Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Award in education, training, and awareness-raising category