Department of Mechanics: Vacancies
From Wiki @ Department of mechanics
Revision as of 09:30, 1 September 2014 by Mjirasek
- University of Dundee, United Kingdom
- Professorship in Civil Engineering
- The successful candidate will have an established international research profile and a strong track record in attracting external research funding. While this is primarily a research-focused leadership role, the successful candidate will also contribute to the development and delivery of undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programmes and provide service to the national and international academic and professional communities.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline: 20 April 2014
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- The international postdoctoral fellowship program aims to attract experienced researchers of any nationality to the EPFL, to provide them state-of-the-art conditions for research, to develop their leadership potential and to position them for success as future research leaders, through a research-intensive training. EPFL Fellows runs under the Marie Curie Action COFUND (7th Framework Program). These fellowships may be held in any scientific discipline within the EPFL and run for a period of 24 months. Applications should be made jointly with the Fellow’s mentor, a senior scientist at EPFL.
- Ron Miller's Research Group at Carleton University, Ottawa - Ontario Canada
- offers a post-doctoral possition to study hydrogen embrittlement phenomena in metals. The work aims to address fundamental questions about how hydrogen influences fracture from an atomistic perspective. For further information feel free to visit the official page.
- Keywords: atomistic simulation, multiscale calculations, programming
- Starting date: Sept 2014 (flexible)
- Contact: Ron.Miller@carleton.ca