Department of Mechanics: Vacancies
From Wiki @ Department of mechanics
Revision as of 10:24, 5 November 2012 by Mjirasek
- University of Dundee, United Kingdom
- 3 Lecturers and 3 Professors in Civil Engineering
- Description: The University of Dundee is currently looking for staff at Lecturer and Professorial level in Civil Engineering, as part of a programme of expansion. There are three of each post available and these can be held in any area of Civil Engineering. We would be particularly keen for strong candidates in geotechnical engineering to apply.
- Contact: Further information and details of how to apply can be found at http://www.jobs.dundee.ac.uk. For informal enquiries of a geotechnical nature, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org; general enquiries should be directed to the Head of Department, Professor Ping Dong email@example.com .
- Imperial College London, United Kingdom
- The Department of Civil & Environmental Engineering at Imperial College London is seeking to make 7 new academic appointments. The appointments can be at any level ranging from Lecturer to Professor and can be in any area of Civil Engineering.
- Applicants are encouraged to visit the Department’s website to appreciate current capabilities. Appointees will be expected to contribute to teaching on MEng and, where appropriate, MSc courses as well as develop and lead research programmes. Applicants will have a PhD (or equivalent) and a track record of very high quality research, demonstrated by recent exceptional publications in internationally leading journals. Applicants will be expected to submit their 4 best journal papers published since January 2008.
- Ecole Normale Supérieure de Cachan, Cachan, France
- Research topic: Non-intrusive coupling between research and industrial software in computational mechanics
- Contract duration: 12-24 months (starting January 2013)
- Contact: Pierre Gosselet, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Research topic: Geo-mechanical investigations of bio-improved soils
- Contract duration: 18 months
- Contact: email@example.com
- Technische Universität Braunchweig, Institute of Scientific Computing, Braunschweig, Germany
- Research topic: Advanced tools for uncertainty quantification and updating
- Contract duration: at least one year
- Contact: Anička Kučerová, firstname.lastname@example.org
- FEM-Engineers for Structural Mechanics File:Dynardo job advertisement FEM Structural mechanik.pdf