Department of Mechanics: Vacancies
From Wiki @ Department of mechanics
Revision as of 10:38, 23 December 2013 by Mjirasek
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Faculty position in Rock Mechanics
- Topics of interest are covering fundamental research in rock mechanics by experimental and/or numerical approaches, including, but not necessarily limited to, rock engineering applications to tunnelling and underground construction, land sliding, earthquake engineering, geo-energy (nuclear waste disposal, deep geothermal energy, …) as well as deep well injection.
- Details: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/3659
- Applications: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/EPFL/Architecture%2C%20Civil%20and%20Environmental%20Engineering%20%28ENAC%29/3659/apply
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
- The purpose of this research project is to investigate chemical and mechanical processes in porous media subjected to reactive transport. The project will employ small scale flow experiments, X-ray microtomographic imaging, carbonate geochemistry, and classical geomechanical deformation tests to quantify the simultaneous evolution of chemical and structural attributes (e.g., pore size, particle size, mineral constituents, etc.) during reactive flow and/or loading. The experimental activities will be conducted at the Northwestern University and at the Advanced Photon Source (APS), located at the Argonne National Laboratory. The main goal of the project is to relate temporal and spatial changes in microstructural attributes to chemical and physical macroscopic quantities (e.g., permeability, stiffness, strength, precipitation/dissolution etc.).
- More details at http://alertgeomaterials.eu/2013/12/post-doctoral-position-at-northwestern-university/
- The Institute for Sustainability and Innovation in Civil Engineering (Guimaraes, Portugal)
- The Institute for Sustainability and Innovation in Civil Engineering (Guimaraes, Portugal) is looking for a postdoc researcher on the structural performance of civil engineering works. The approach includes aspects such as advances in experimental and numerical techniques, earthquake engineering, durability and reliability, sustainability, strengthening, condition assessment and life cycle analysis. Full details are available at http://www.eracareers.pt/opportunities/index.aspx?task=global&jobId=41177. Candidates should have a high quality research record and preferably 3 years of post-doctoral research experience.
- HOW TO APPLY: By email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Identification of the candidate
- Detailed curriculum Vitae/resume
- 3 Letters of Reference sent directly by the individual providing the reference to email@example.com
- 1 Research project proposal for the period of the contract
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: January 27, 2014
- Chalmers University, Gothenburg, Sweden
- The Division of GeoEngineering at Chalmers is looking for a dynamic and talented individual for the position of Marie Curie Fellow (Experienced Researcher) to work on constitutive model development, verification and validation, with focus on modelling rate-dependent behaviour of soft natural soils. The post requires an undergraduate degree in Engineering, and a PhD degree (or at least 4 years of full time research experience) in computational mechanics or geotechnics or a similar topic. For more details see this announcement.
- University Center for Energy Efficient Buildings, Kladno, Czech Republic
- Multiple research positions in the field of modeling, simulation, assessment and optimization of multi-functional materials and structures