Department of Mechanics: Vacancies
From Wiki @ Department of mechanics
Revision as of 15:51, 8 February 2014 by Mjirasek
- Swiss Federal Institute of Technology at Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland
- Faculty position in Rock Mechanics
- Topics of interest are covering fundamental research in rock mechanics by experimental and/or numerical approaches, including, but not necessarily limited to, rock engineering applications to tunnelling and underground construction, land sliding, earthquake engineering, geo-energy (nuclear waste disposal, deep geothermal energy, …) as well as deep well injection.
- Details: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/3659
- Applications: https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/EPFL/Architecture%2C%20Civil%20and%20Environmental%20Engineering%20%28ENAC%29/3659/apply
- SISSA, Trieste, Italy
- Two postdoctoral positions focused on Quasistatic and Dynamic Evolution Problems in Plasticity and Fracture in the group of Gianni Dal Maso.
- Application deadline: 10 March 2014
- Contact: email@example.com
- Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- Project: Risk-based Selection of Constitutive Models for Geotechnical Analysis
- Duration: 1 year
- Contact: Prof. Pierre Yves Hicher (Tel: +33 (0) 2 40 37 16 66, E-mail: Pierre-Yves.Hicher@ec-nantes.fr); Dr. Zhen-Yu Yin (Tel: +33 (0) 2 40 37 15 88, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois, USA
- The purpose of this research project is to investigate chemical and mechanical processes in porous media subjected to reactive transport. The project will employ small scale flow experiments, X-ray microtomographic imaging, carbonate geochemistry, and classical geomechanical deformation tests to quantify the simultaneous evolution of chemical and structural attributes (e.g., pore size, particle size, mineral constituents, etc.) during reactive flow and/or loading. The experimental activities will be conducted at the Northwestern University and at the Advanced Photon Source (APS), located at the Argonne National Laboratory. The main goal of the project is to relate temporal and spatial changes in microstructural attributes to chemical and physical macroscopic quantities (e.g., permeability, stiffness, strength, precipitation/dissolution etc.).
- More details at http://alertgeomaterials.eu/2013/12/post-doctoral-position-at-northwestern-university/
- Chalmers University, Gothenburg, Sweden
- The Division of GeoEngineering at Chalmers is looking for a dynamic and talented individual for the position of Marie Curie Fellow (Experienced Researcher) to work on constitutive model development, verification and validation, with focus on modelling rate-dependent behaviour of soft natural soils. The post requires an undergraduate degree in Engineering, and a PhD degree (or at least 4 years of full time research experience) in computational mechanics or geotechnics or a similar topic. For more details see this announcement.
- University Center for Energy Efficient Buildings, Kladno, Czech Republic
- Multiple research positions in the field of modeling, simulation, assessment and optimization of multi-functional materials and structures