Department of Mechanics: Defences
PhD students preparing their dissertations should visit the web site of the CTU Central Library with instructions and valuable advice. In particular, they should have a look at the recommendations dealing with the structure of the dissertation, plagiarism, citations, etc. Here is a direct link to the corresponding handbook.
There exists thesis template for LaTeX respecting the formal unification of doctoral thesis appearance at FCE
Official announcements of PhD defences at the Faculty of Civil Engineering (in Czech).
Defences of bachelor and master theses
Final state exams and defences of master theses took place in B366 on 27 and 29 January 2015.
- Jan Stránský: Mesoscale discrete element model for concrete and its combination with FEM, supervised by Milan Jirásek, defended on 26 April 2018
- Michal Hlobil: Micromechanical analysis of blended cement-based composites, supervised by Vít Šmilauer and Bernhard Pichler, defended on 14 October 2016
- Václav Nežerka: Modeling and design of modern cocciopesto mortars, supervised by Jan Zeman and Pavel Tesárek, defended on 23 March 2016
- Pavel Gruber: Variational approaches to decohesion at solid-solid interfaces, supervised by Jan Zeman, defended on 21 October 2015
- Martin Horák: Computational modeling of heterogeneous materials at small and finite strains, supervised by Milan Jirásek, defended on 3 March 2015
- Zdeněk Janda: Posuzování zděných konstrukcí metodou postupného přitěžování (Assessment of Masonry Buildings by Pushover Seismic Analysis), supervised by Jan Zeman and Jan Červenka (Červenka Consulting), defended on 8 January 2015
- Petr Hlaváček: Engineering properties of alkali activated composites, supervised by Vít Šmilauer, defended on 25 September 2014
- Petr Havlásek: Creep and shrinkage of concrete subjected to variable environmental conditions, supervised by Milan Jirásek, defended on 24 June 2014
- David Krybus: supervised by Bořek Patzák, defended on 20 June 2014
- Ondřej Rokoš: Dynamic analysis of grandstands, supervised by Jiří Máca, defended on 12 May 2014
- Alena Zemanová: Numerical modeling of laminated glass structures, supervised by Michal Šejnoha, defended on 6 May 2014
- Miroslav Brouček: Subsoil influenced by ground water flow, supervised by Pavel Kuklík, defended on 4 June 2013
- Jaroslav Vondřejc: FFT-based method for homogenization of periodic media: Theory and applications, supervised jointly by Jan Zeman and Ivo Marek, defended on 29 January 2013
- Marek Posch: Load rating of masonry arch bridges - Relativistic scale modeling hypothesis, supervised by Petr Řeřicha, defended on 22 November 2012
- Olga Špačková: Risk management of tunnel construction projects, supervised by Jiří Šejnoha and Daniel Straub (TU München), defended on 10 October 2012
- Jiří Kott: Dvojúrovňová analýza opěrných systémů katedrál (Two-dimensional analysis of cathedral butresses), supervised by Petr Fajman, defended on 14 May 2012
- Matěj Lepš: Soft computing methods in concrete mix performance and approximation, habilitation thesis defended on 18 October 2012